Boston UX has a new position for a User Experience Designer in our Waltham, MA office. This position is responsible for providing UX Design and usability support to product development teams, including designing and specifying product UIs, the analysis and investigation of application usability focusing on Human Computer Interaction.
The ideal candidate will thrive in a consultative work environment that requires strong independent problem-solving skills, self-direction, and innovative thinking coupled with an aptitude and affinity for team collaboration and open communication. You will be both highly analytical as well as highly creative, and consistently demonstrates superb design, writing and presentation skills. You are confidently able to justify design decisions based on a thorough understanding of contemporary user-centered design methodologies.
UX Designers Will:
Qualifications and Education:
- Designs user interfaces for embedded devices, touch screen, desktop, and mobile applications.
- Be comfortable objectively presenting your work during peer reviews, providing sound research and/or citing best practices to explain your architecture, design, and interaction decisions.
- Be comfortable incorporating feedback from user testing into your designs.
- Prepare documentation which communicates all information necessary to accurately code and support your designs/interactions. This could range from the creation of traditional wireframes and functional specifications to creating style frameworks to preparing documented prototypes.
- Participate in defining and driving strategic direction from a user experience perspective.
- Be a self-starter. Can self-organize, meet project objectives, and maintain schedules in a fast paced and changing environment.
- Work on problems of complex and diverse scope, identifying creative alternatives.
About our parent company ICS
- B.A/B.S. in Human Factors Psychology or related discipline
- Minimum 3 to 5 years UI Design and Usability evaluation experience
- 3 + years’ experience working on interfaces in regulated industries preferred
- Demonstrated skill in leading design and documenting UIs
- Demonstrated skill in conducting all feedback methodologies (e.g., usability testing)
- Ability to translate design ideas into actionable wireframes
- Familiarity with different industry standard design tools (e.g., Axure, Figma, etc.)
- Project management skills including work tracking, project estimation and Agile software process
- Excellent communication skills
- We provide integrated custom software development and UX design for touchscreen, mobile, embedded and desktop applications for leading companies worldwide.
- ICS blends the art of visual design and agile engineering to help our clients develop their products into devices that delight on a wide range of technologies.
- Our team of user experience designers and software engineers are continuously developing new solutions for the toughest and most complex issues faced by product-driven companies worldwide.