Boston UX has a new position for a User eXperience Designer in our Waltham, MA office. This position is responsible for providing UX Design and usability support to the product development teams, including designing and specifying product UIs, the analysis and investigation of application usability focusing on Human Computer Interaction.
UX Designers Will:
Qualifications and Education:
- Translate user research and business requirements into effective and innovative clickable prototypes.
- Be comfortable objectively presenting your work during peer reviews, providing sound research and/or citing best practices to explain your architecture, design and interaction decisions.
- Be comfortable incorporating feedback from user testing into your designs.
- Prepare documentation which communicates all information necessary to accurately code and support your designs/interactions. This could range from the creation of traditional wireframes and functional specifications to creating style frameworks to preparing documented prototypes.
- Be a self-starter. Can self-organize, meet project objectives, and maintain schedules in a very fast-paced and changing environment.
- Work on problems of complex and diverse scope, identifying creative alternatives.
About our parent company ICS
- B.A/B.S. in Human Factors Psychology or related discipline.
- Minimum 2 to 4 years UI Design and Usability evaluation experience
- Demonstrated skill in leading design and documenting UIs
- Demonstrated skill in conducting all feedback methodologies (e.g., usability testing)
- Ability to translate design ideas into actionable wireframes
- Familiarity with different industry standard design tools (e.g. Axure, Balsamiq, etc.)
- Project management skills, including working with contractors, vendors, and interns
- Excellent communication skills
- We provide integrated custom software development and UX design for touchscreen, mobile, embedded and desktop applications for leading companies worldwide.
- ICS blends the art of visual design and agile engineering to help our clients develop their products into devices that delight on a wide range of technologies.
- As the largest independent source of Qt expertise in North America, our team of software engineers are continuously developing new solutions to the toughest and most complex issues faced by product-driven companies worldwide.