Embedded Platform Architect - Linux/Yocto
Advance your career in a fast-paced company with hands-on design opportunities that becomes a production reality. Integrated Computer Solutions is looking for a platform engineer to join our team.
As an Architect, you will be responsible for developing software solutions to meet customer and system requirements. You will help shape the software platform architecture for our client's products, technologies, and tools to maximize performance, efficiency, and reuse.
This role requires an energetic and motivated individual with strong communication, organization, and technical skills who works well in a multi-disciplinary team.
- Responsible for design and development of embedded software platforms which meet customer requirements
- Responsible for understanding customer and system requirements and translating into software requirements
- Responsible for defining software design best practices, tools, technologies, and templates
- Responsible for keeping current on embedded development tools, technologies, and connectivity solutions.
- Participates in software project planning and execution using both Agile and waterfall methodologies
- Develop and support proposals with concept designs and estimates
- Supports, trains, and/or mentors other team members in design best practices
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, EE or related field
- 6+ years of embedded C/C++ experience on bare metal, RTOS platforms
- 5+ years of experience developing SW on embedded Linux platform
- Substantial experience with Yocto projects
- Expert knowledge and relevant experience designing, developing and supporting embedded products
- Expert knowledge of data structures and inter-process communications
- Expert knowledge of multi-threaded development and interrupt servicing
- Expert knowledge of networking (e.g. TCP/IP), wireless, and Ethernet protocols
- Expert knowledge of communications protocols (e.g. USB, I2C, SPI, UART, etc.)
- Proficient at software design methodologies
- Self-starter with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Deep working knowledge of computer architecture as it relates to current MCUs, MPUs, DSPs, SoCs combined with the respective programming model that allows for the execution of software
- Strong best-practices based operational experience with industry tools including but not limited to: compilers, vendor-specific configuration and development environments, unit testing, code coverage and automation tools, linting tools, static and dynamic code analysis tools, and diagnostic and debug tools
- Knowledge of high level (e.g. TCP/IP, USB) and low level (e.g. serial, SPI, I2C) communications protocol
Preferred Additional Skills
- Experience with Git and Jira
- Experience with Jenkins and DevOps tool
- Project Management
- Experience in delivering highly embedded and portable systems in a regulated industry (e.g. Medical Devices, Robotics, Automotive, Aerospace, Pharma)
- Ability to understand FPGA architecture and design
- Ability to understand PCB schematics, and having general hardware knowledge to enable bringing up and debugging new PCBs
Our cadre of developers, designers, and marketing and business pros provide product-driven custom software development and UX design for touchscreen, mobile, embedded, and desktop applications. We’re the largest independent source of Qt expertise in North America. Our customers include some of the world’s most recognized brands -- organizations used to working with the best of the best. They look to us for new solutions to some of their toughest and most complex challenges.
If you think you’re right for our team, please apply today!