Senior Security Software Developer - Embedded C/C++
Advance your career in a fast-paced company with hands-on design opportunities that becomes a production reality. Integrated Computer Solutions is looking for a platform engineer to join our team.
As a Software Security Engineer, you will be responsible for developing software solutions to meet customer and system requirements. You will help shape the security for the software platform architecture for our customer's products, technologies, and tools to maximize performance, efficiency, and reuse. This role requires an energetic and motivated individual with strong communication, organization, and technical skills who works well in a multi-disciplinary team.
Embedded Software Security focus
- Responsible for Security design and development for embedded software platforms which meet customer requirements
- Responsible for understanding customer and system requirements and translating into Security software requirements
- Responsible for defining Security software design best practices, tools, technologies, and templates
- Responsible for keeping current on Security and embedded development tools, technologies, and connectivity solutions.
- Participates in Security software project planning and execution using both Agile and waterfall methodologies
- Develop and support Security proposals with concept designs and estimates
- Supports, trains, and/or mentors other team members in design best practices
- Bootloader development and encryption/verification
- Secure boot development, debugging.
- Device BSP and driver development
- Board enablement, bring-up and secure
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, EE or related field
- 8+ years of Security on embedded C/C++ platforms
- 5+ years of experience developing SW on embedded Linux platform
- Substantial experience with Yocto projects
- Expert knowledge and relevant experience designing, developing and supporting embedded products
- Expert knowledge of BSP/Bootloader
- Expert knowledge of Cryptography - Encryption/Decryption, PKE, Verification/Signing
- Expert knowledge of networking (e.g. TCP/IP), wireless, and Ethernet protocols
- Expert knowledge of communications protocols (e.g. USB, I2C, SPI, UART, etc.)
- Proficient at software design methodologies, full Software Development Lifecycle including automated testing and delivery.
- Self-starter with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Deep working knowledge of security architecture as it relates to current MCUs, MPUs, DSPs, SoCs combined with the respective programming model that allows for the execution of software
- Strong best-practices based operational experience with industry tools including but not limited to: compilers, vendor-specific configuration and development environments, unit testing, code coverage and automation tools, linting tools, static and dynamic code analysis tools, and diagnostic and debug tools
Preferred Additional Skills
- Graphical UI/UX development on QT
- ARM/IMX architecture knowledge
- Linux internals
- Linux crypto/LKCF/key management
- Building Yocto Linux distributions
- Experience in delivering highly embedded and portable systems in a regulated industry (e.g. Medical Devices, Robotics, Automotive, Aerospace, Pharma)
Our cadre of developers, designers, and marketing and business pros provide product-driven custom software development and UX design for touchscreen, mobile, embedded, and desktop applications. We’re the largest independent source of Qt expertise in North America. Our customers include some of the world’s most recognized brands -- organizations used to working with the best of the best. They look to us for new solutions to some of their toughest and most complex challenges.
If you think you’re right for our team, please apply today!