Business Development Manager, Medical and Life Sciences
About Integrated Computer Solutions, Inc (ICS)
ICS provides integrated custom software development and UX design for web, touchscreen, mobile, embedded and desktop applications for leading brands worldwide. At ICS, we have a dedicated team of self-driven, self-motivated engineers blending the art of visual design and agile engineering.
About This Role
Our Medical Practice Team is seeking a US-based business development professional to drive business in medical markets such as Lifesciences, Clinical Diagnostics, Medical Devices, and Digital Health. As part of our continuing business growth, we are expanding our team and adding this high-impact position combining business acumen, clinical understanding, and technical expertise. If you combine clinical insight, relevant technical expertise, excellent critical thinking, and domain knowledge in key medical or life sciences technology areas then we would like to hear from you.
You will be an ideal candidate if you have experience developing a pipeline of business in the medical or life sciences sectors for a services organization. You have a deep understanding of technology, product development, and relevant market trends and are passionate about helping clients realize business transformation through technology. You are accustomed to working with both well-established blue-chip organizations as well as startups.
- Prospect and identify companies that are good potential clients and proactively network to establish initial contact, acquire new client relationships, attend industry meetings and conferences
- Build and maintain a thorough understanding of Integrated Computer Solution’s full services offering, arrange and lead meetings presenting our capabilities, collaborate with our technical and program delivery teams to assess client needs
- Leverage market expertise and collaborate with technical teams and marketing to develop and communicate messages to target markets; execute messaging via events, social media, white papers, blogs, etc.
- Share market insights to guide overall growth strategy and investments; frequently monitor our business capability landscape to identify opportunities for greater long-term business value
- Proven success in a business development role within the medical or life sciences sector
- A network of clients and the skills to hunt for new business
- Evidence of success developing and maintaining relationships with C-level stakeholders
- A preference for pursuing new business over cultivating existing accounts
- Expert communication (verbal & written), organizational, and collaboration skills
- Ability to travel up to 30% to 50%
- Advanced degree in technical, engineering, or science discipline
- Experience with selling engineering services in Lifesciences, Clinical Diagnostics, Medical Robotics, or Digital Health applications
- Understanding of ISO 13485 &14971, IEC 62304, IEC 62366, and UL 2900