We are looking for the Vice-President of Engineering here at ICS. Reporting to the CEO and a member of the central management team, this position is responsible for managing an embedded device engineering team of over 100 engineers located in North America, Europe and Asia.
In this role you will demonstrate leadership skills to guide, coach, and motivate software team members to reach their full potential. You will be key in ensuring that your organization is able to provide excellence in engineering to existing clients while anticipating the future needs of an even broader client base. Tactical skills such as managing multiple Agile teams, applying quality management systems, leading issue management, facilitating technical meeting with clients, and status reporting.
- Supervise the overall functional management of engineering.
- Directly manage and mentor a group of Team Leaders.
- Monitor the performance and quality of all services.
- Resolve escalated issues according to the applicable governance escalation procedures.
- Work in close relationships with customer and sales teams to manage expectations and measure satisfaction.
- Identify and incubate emerging technologies.
- Work with the CEO to develop an investment plan for the development of new IP or expertise that differentiate ICS from our competition.
- Evangelize ICS service for events and publications.
- Coordinating the technical portions of all formal proposals and ensuring that the response is of high quality, complete and competitive.
- High Level Degree or equivalent in Computer Science or related subject.
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in team and project management in a software services or product development environment.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in leading delivery for a software service
- Proven ability to manage and recruit a worldwide engineering team that spans multiple continents.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate technical information to a non-technical audience.
- Experience in delivering highly embedded and portable systems in a regulated industry (e.g., Medical Devices, Robotics, Automotive, Aerospace)
- Strong understanding of the Application Lifecycle Management process.
- Solid experience in managing relationships with internal and external teams.
- Good knowledge in Agile development methodology.
Our cadre of developers, designers, and marketing and business pros provide product-driven custom software development and User Experience (UX) design for touchscreen, mobile, embedded, and desktop applications. Our customers include some of the world’s most recognized brands -- organizations used to working with the best of the best. They look to us for new solutions to some of their toughest and most complex challenges.
If you think you are right to join our management team, please apply today!